A List started by Jeremy at NELSAP. that we will continue expand.
MOVING LIFTS - Lifts that have been moved from one mountain to another or re-installed within a resort
Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far!
- Jay Peak's original Poma went to Ski Hickory, NY
- Sunapee's Triple went to Cannon
- Okemo's Sachem Double, a Poma went to Ragged
- King Ridge's lifts went to Ragged
- Okemo's Solitude Quad, a Poma went to their South Face Area, then to Sunapee
- Diamond Hill, RI's double went to Watatic then to Temple
- Intervale's poma went to Landry's slope (never installed), then parts went to Amesbury
- Boston Hill's J-bar went to Hamilton, then one j-bar went to Jeremy's house
- Sunday River's South Ridge double became their Quantam Leap triple
- Killington's original summit double, a Poma was moved to their Needle Eye's area in 1976
and modified with Yan chairs and a Yan Drive.
- Bromley's original 3-bars came from all over, including Intervale, Lake George,
and Huckins Hill
- Timber Ridge's (Timberside at Magic) double, a Hall went to Smuggs
- Stowe's T-bar went to Lyndon Outing Club
- Horn Pond Mtn's (Woburn, MA) double went to Nashoba
- Wachusett's old Summit Double went to Eaglebrook Academy
- Magic's Mid Mtn. Triple (Poma) went to Berkshire East
- Berkshire East's Beaver Double went to North Carolina
- Ironwood Ridge's T-bar went to Stark's Hill, ME
- Attitash's second set of "Old Reliable" double chairs went to Bear Creek Club (Round Top). These
were CTEC chairs on a Mueller lifts. At Bear Creek they are also on a Meuller lift.
- Some of Ascutney's summit double chairs (Hall) went to Crotched, NH
- Sugarbush's Green Mtn Express, a Poma HS Quad was moved uphill to become the Northridge Express
- Sugarbush's Sugar Bravo lift, a Poma triple became the North Lynx Chair
- Berkshire East's original summit double (Mueller) was moved to Ski Ward, MA, but never
- Crotched's Quad was moved to Jiminy Peak.
- Petersburg Pass' double (Poma) was moved to Butternut Basin. It was rebuilt with Borvig chairs and became
their beginner lift
- Flagg Hill, MA double went to Otis Ridge, MA
- Boxboro Hills T-bar was moved to Jericho, MA
- Chickley Alps T-bar was moved to a snow tubing place in Maine (on the way to
Sunday River from Portland)
- Crotched West's T-bar was moved to their summit area
- Mad River Glen's Practice T-bar was moved to Oxbow, VT
- Stratton's "Betwixed" lift, a Borvig double was moved to Magic to become the "Phoenix"
lift. The Phoenix is a replacement for the Poma triple that was sold to Berkshire East
when the mountain closed for 7 years in 1990.
- Sugarbush's Green Mountain Quad (The Snail) a Doppelmayr went to Jay peak to
become the Metro quad in 2002.
- A Hall double chair from Eastover Mass. was moved to Bosquet Mass in summer 2003 to become
the terrain park lift.
- Bellayre's Summit Double Hall chair was installed at Platekill NY in summer 2002.
- Hunter's G lift, a Poma double was moved and upgraded to Hunter One to become the G2 lift.
- Stratton's Sun Bowl Quad, a Poma was realigned to become the Solstice Quad.
- Stratton's North American Quad, a Poma was moved downhill to become the South American.
- Berthoud Pass's quad a Borvig was installed at Berkshire East as the West Quad in 2003.
- Breckenridge's Quicksilver Quad (The first detachable quad in the US (Doppelmayr)) became the
Orange Quad at Owl's Head, Quebec.
- Pine Ridge's Mueller T-Bar went to Ski Ward
- Wachusett's Nor'easter triple went to become the Monadnock Lift (beginner's area). The Nor'easter
was replaced by a HSQ called the Minuteman Express.
- Berkshire East's Diamondhead Express (PHB/Hall) came from Sierra Ski Ranch, CAin 1978.
- Berkshire East's Top Notch double (PHB/Hall) was moved there from Mt. Tom in 2001.
- Berkshire East's old Little Beaver Double was installed in 1978, and was originally located
on Mackinac Island, MI. It is now at new Winterplace.
- Mohawk CT's Deer Run Double (Carlevaro-Savio) may have come from Mt. Snow in 1986.
- Many Carlevaro-Savio parts came from Mt. Snow to Mohawk CT after Mohawk had a Tornado in 1989.
- The Sugarloaf Timberline FG quad (Borvig) was the Whiffletree FG quad before the HSQ was installed.
- The old North Peak Triple was moved from Sunday River to Attitash as the Kachina Triple on Bear Peak
- Hunter's original F lift, a Poma double was relocated to the back side as the Y chair. The F chair was
replaced with a Poma triple.
- Some of Banff's second set of CWA sulpher mountain gondola cars were sold to Wildcat NH to run
on the quad in the summer.
- Sunapee's summit triple (doppelmayr) went to Cannon in 2000 and was split into 2 lifts... the Eagle Cliff
triple and the Brookside triple.
- The double chair at the Camden Snow Bowl, ME was brought from the lost Bald Mountain (Dedham, ME)
area after it closed, about 1976.
- Steamboat's Sundown triple(Yan) went to Killington and was modified by Poma to become the Canyon
Quad in 1992
- Bridger Bowl's Alpine Chair (Riblet) was removed in 2013 and relocated to Mt Spokane, WA as the Red Chair
Quad in 1992
- Haystack's 1985 vintage Barnstormer triple wwas relocated to West Mountain, NY to replace the Summit Double (Riblet)
The triple chair was twice the length West required so hal the towers and chairs will be used to replace the existing Thiokol
triple in the future.