COCHEM, GERMANY - The following lift in the Mosel region of Germany was first built in 1955.
The lift was designed and built by Pohlig out of nearby Cologne Germany. When visited in 2000
the lift had its original center pole chairs but every third chair had been replaced by a covered
chair built by Felix Wopfner of Austria. There had also been some modifications by Liopolder.
As of 2011 the lift has been vastly upgraded. New Loipolder chairs and grips have replaced the
Original Pohlig chairs on the line (The covered Wopfner chairs remain). New Sheave assemblies as
well as communication line masts have been added to the original towers. The concrete tower footings
have all been repaired and sealed.
PINNERKREUZBAHN (POHLIG) - Original Chairs
PINNERKREUZBAHN (POHLIG/LOIPOLDER/WAPFNER) - Modified lift